Sunday, September 9, 2007

Unit One Paragraphs

I read paragraphs by all but two of you. Those two people need to explain to me why they did not post ASAP.

For everyone else, make sure you remember that you are not explaining what in a previous unit cause what is in the current unit. You are explaining what in a previous unit caused one part or aspect of the current unit. Do not be overly broad; it will kill your chance for any real analysis or significance.

This was a good start overall for all of you.

I wrote comments to each of you who posted (check on your post--Simeon, check under Cait's). Make sure you read my comments and take them to heart. I will be harsh in grading Unit 2 summaries if I see the same issues arise.

If you have questions, please see me right away so we can sort things out before your first graded summary.

Don't forget to bring notebooks to class!

2 comments:

Rodrigo Alonso Anzures-Oyorzabal said...

Were any grades assigned for the paragraph? I apologize if you've already stated the answer.

Ms. Chipman said...

No, this was your practice round. Whenever you are assigned to post on blog it is part of your participation grade. Not posting hurts you. But there is not a separate grade for the paragraph itself--this time.